Motivation

Why I am undertaking this:


There are a number of reasons and I am having a difficulty actually ranking them so here they are in no particular order
  • I want to travel and see the world. The last few years have been an awakening for me – I haven't always focused on very internal or selfish pursuits – and recently I have realized that I am ignorant of many things. I have finalized on a position regarding the belief in god only recently.

  • I want a break from work that is significant enough to actually stop thinking about work

  • I worry that something might happen to myself, Pam or one of the girls and we might never have an opportunity

  • I want the family to bond – spend some quality time together

  • I want to create a memory that will last our children entire lives (and mine too)

  • I want to expose our children to different cultures, religions and standards of living. I want them to learn the scale of the world and our minority position within it. I want them to see the uniqueness and youth of our country and system of government, break the isolationist attitudes that I fear they are being educated within. Even I only now feel like I have started to appreciate how ignorant I am.

  • I hope to pique my wife’s interests in learning about new things – it would be very nice to be able to grow old with somebody that shares my desire for learning. I am a realist and am not focused on changing her – but I can still be hopeful.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 44 Leaving Cairo - Rome

Day 47 Leaving Rome